Friday, April 5, 2013

The "First Post" an explosive explaination of myself and my blog's name.

So here is my first post...and I suppose with it I need to introduce myself.

I'm a guy named Jeremy, I'm adopted, Asian, and mottephobic, if you don't know what that means go look it up. So before we begin, let's have a few interesting things about meh.

Things about Jeremy:
-I have severe ADHD (which is mainly why this blog has taken so darn long to get off the ground)
-I'm studying to be a youth pastor
-my favorite movie is Battle: Los Angeles
-my favorite television show is Victorious (more on that later)
-I really wanted to be a chaplain in the U.S. Army but because I'm medicated it's kind of not possible

Things Jeremy hates:
-overcooked macaroni and cheese
-clowns that ambush you at gas stations asking for rides to San-Die-Eggo
-hammer pants
-the fact that Claire Danes is happily married and not to me
-THIS
-the fact that I'll never be as cool of an asian as George Takei
-that bacon will never be considered a vegetable
And finally:
-man boobs. Seriously, humanity would profit if those suckers just ceased to exist.

SO yeah, that's me.

So at this point you're probably wondering "geez, what's this blog and what's with the funny name?"

And to answer this I'll have to go back a little ways to two separate events.

I have a little sister and she basically is the coolest thing since pajelehoochos. As such I make it a point to meet up with her occasionally for coffee and catch up time.

At one of our favorite coffee shops I noticed something in the pastry display that looked REALLY WEIRD. And upon closer inspection my curiosity was piqued, I had no idea what they were but they look a lot like this:




So upon looking at them I pointed them out and said: "What are those things? They look like the top of a muffin..." My sisters reply? "That's what they are silly, see? Muffin tops."

And sure enough, on the menu they had "Muffin Tops" for 3 dollars. Naturally I was weirded out because I have never discriminated the top of a muffin from the stub...I've only ever enjoyed the whole thing completely.

Not so with my sister.

She immediately laughed at me and called me a "minority" because of my unbiased enjoyment of muffinage. Apparently it's common knowledge to all of humanity that the top is the best part. I still don't see or taste any difference but I've come to peace with my ignorance.

So in summary of the first part of my blog's name, I mean this:


NOT THIS





And moving on...

The second part of my blog's name came from an experience I had where one morning I woke up with a very profound epiphany:


I to this day do not know why. But for some reason I woke up with a mad desire to drink green tea, nothing else would do, nothing else mattered. So off I drove to the store where I immediately went to the tea aisle and and began grabbing random bottles of green tea willy-nilly until I turned around and saw three very forlorn faces looking up at me.

They looked like middle school girls who were either lost or on their way to being lost. For some strange reason they continued to stare at me as if I was their only chance to make sense of their situation. They had a small wad of money in their hands and were clutching a cake mix and whispering things amongst each other like "do you think mom gave us enough money?", "where do we go?", and "what's up with that guy and why does he have so much tea?"

Upon which I replied with:



It was not a proud moment in my life.

However I went home and drank ALL the tea over the course of the next few days...to this day I still enjoy green tea more than any other beverage so I'm thinking maybe my brain flipped out or something and now I'm addicted to it.

So now you know. This is my blog. It may or may not go on rants about my faith, life, day, etc, but most of all it will be random. Of that I can promise you. So sit back, watch some Victorious and enjoy the ride.








2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I like the green tea story. I will make sure to stock it when you come over, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness Jeremy. You are hilarious. You actually made me lol. literally.

    I've started craving green tea as well. I drink it every morning now!

    ReplyDelete